An Example of a Moving Checklist
The moving checklist is probably one of the most vital lists you will write in your life. Making sure that you write a perfect list is essential in order to save both time and stress. Here, is an example of a checklist and why having these points on a list is important.
Important Things to Remember
As with any list, there are important things to take into account. Furthermore, if you have forgotten to make one, you should still start at the very beginning so that you can cross off all the points you have done. You should also divide your points up into times, as well as, this will make it easier for you to follow.
Points to Detail
These are simple points that every moving checklist should include:
- When is the moving date?
- Organise a removalist based on the date. This will mean looking around and checking several companies to see what one is the best for your needs. Also, check about moving insurance.
- If you are renting, inform your landlord that you are moving.
- If you are moving out of the area, make sure you research new schools, doctors, hospitals.
- Organise home insurance from the day you plan on moving into your new home.
- Organise additional storage space if required.
- Inform all utility companies that you are moving (phone, gas, electricity and water.)
- To make moving easier, throw away, sell or donate old items that you do not require anymore. This may require you to hire a skip.
- Make sure you order any new furniture or carpets that you require for your new home and get them delivered the day after you move in.
- Start packing all non essential items up to two weeks before moving date and as the moving date gets closer start packing more vital items.
- With two weeks to go start to use up the food in your freezer.
- If you are moving out the area, inform your doctor, dentist, optician (if required).
- Make sure you sort out your mail using the Australia post redirection.
- If you have pets, then you may require somebody to look after them during your move, make sure you organise this before the date.
- Inform all friends and contacts about your moving date.
- Arrange a time to collect the keys.
- Inform your bank that you are moving.
- On the day, make sure that you turn off all the mains switches and water. Check all of your readings.
- Check that all doors and windows are locked.
These are the main points that should be found on every list. It is important to remember these will not be the only points, and every list will be slightly different.