When it comes to moving, did you know there is a right way and a wrong way? One of the areas that should get more attention, but is often overlooked, is in choosing the right sized boxes and the right amount of boxes for your belongings. By doing this, you’ll be setting yourself up for a worry-free and faster move. Additionally, your items aren’t at as high of a risk of being damaged during the process.
So, who can you turn to for moving supplies and advice during this process? Removalists are an excellent place to look. All Purpose Removals – a local removalist in Brisbane – excels in just this sort of task. The company has been around for decades, providing services such as furniture removal, vehicle and pet transport, packing services, storage solutions and plenty of moving supplies to help you out.
As you’ve spent a lot of time and money collecting the items you own, naturally you want to make sure they stay in good shape during the move. No one wants to arrive on the other end only to find scratches and rips in their furniture and boxes that were packed incorrectly, allowing objects to bump around and break.
If you find yourself lacking in the box packing skills, then you are in luck. All Purpose Removals has a number of tips to help people when packing to make sure your items get from A to B safe and sound.
- Make sure there are no empty spaces in the box/carton when you finish packing it. Fill spaces with newspaper or void fill.
- Line the bottom of the box with cushioning such as paper or foam padding, particularly for more fragile items such as crockery.
- Always pack the heavy items on the bottom. This will ensure they don’t squash or break smaller, more fragile items, which can be placed on top.
- When you bundle items together keep it to a maximum of six. When these bundles then go in a box, store them vertically.
- Drape blankets over furniture and secure the blanket to prevent scratches and rips in material.
- Choose the right size and shape box for your items to ensure they are packed safely.
With these tips in mind, it is easy to protect your items while moving.
There are a number of different box sizes and types that are meant for a variety of items. Choose from book/wine cartons (for wine and books), the standard (tea chest) carton and the port-a-robe (to easily transport clothing). All Purpose Removals can even help you save money on your boxes by offering high-quality used ones that have maintained their integrity.
Visit them online or call 1300 13 95 95 for more advice on packing your items.